Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An old friend

When I was a child my Grandpa was one of my very favorite people. He was always quiet and I admired that. He only really spoke when it was needed. Sometimes it was a grumpy remark, sometimes just a bright smile, sometimes a wrathful blow. The one thing that came with everything he said was wisdom and insight. For years, I wished to know that same wisdom, to be able to shut up long enough to listen. I didn't know how to get that....and yet all along, there was nothing to get, it was always present...simply by allowing for everything and nurturing the root source, that which can never be described and is unwavering. It's right here, we can get to know it, like an old friend, one moment at a time. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.