Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No longer confined

I used to be afraid of what others would think of me if I offered my opinion in particular circumstances. I also didn't want to feel rejected if I didn't say something right. Often times, I would hold back and not request certain things that I saw were needed. This was all based on wanting people to like "me," and wanting to be accepted and to fit in.

When you rest and gain familiarity with the natural presence and soothing energy of the basic state, you recognize your fundamental identity is not solid and includes everyone as your very self. No longer is there any limitation or fear because we are not defending a personal identity any longer. The fullness and complete perfection of the basic state of awareness has never been confined by any point of view, including "I." The only way to understand this completely, is to rely on the stability of what never changes, the stability of our inherent natural presence, the basic state. True relating begins with recognizing this in our self first.

To recognize means: know, put a name to, remember, recall, recollect, admit, be aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.